There are so many resources online. Just choose whatever you like most and work on it. I’ll share some good resources which you can use to learn –
- If you are reading person then start with https://www.w3schools.com/js/ or you can start with Mosh YouTube channel video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6NZfCO5SIk
- If you are not happy with any of these tutorials then you can watch https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PkZNo7MFNFg
- You can start with https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nZ1DMMsyVyI this freecodecamp video. Great way to start learning these stuff.
- And please don’t miss this https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLRqwX-V7Uu6YgpA3Oht-7B4NBQwFVe3pr one! Really amazing one and teaching style is different than other tutorials.
Learning data structures will help you in the long run. So you should learn some different data structures for deep knowledge.
- You can start with the freecodecamp video – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t2CEgPsws3U
- You can check also https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLn2ipk-jqgZiAHiA70hOxAj8RMUeqYNK3 this one for getting some more knowledge
Think your own way to solve problem
After learning data structure spend some time to solve some problems. You can learn algorithms at this time, but wait and play with problems a little bit.
There are many sites to solve problems. they are
- Hackerrank https://www.hackerrank.com/
- Codeforces https://codeforces.com/
- TopCoder https://www.topcoder.com/challenges/?pageIndex=1
- CodeByte https://www.coderbyte.com/
- Project Euler https://projecteuler.net/
There are more, just search and spend time on solving problems.
Optimize your thinking by knowing more algorithms
Now your time is dive into algorithms. Learn some popular algorithms, this will help to understand solve many problems. Learn the differences and which one is optimized and give better performance. Some resources for you
- Best way to start with Cormen book “Introduction to Algorithms, 3rd Edition”
- You can also start with this one https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLWKjhJtqVAbkso-IbgiiP48n-O-JQA9PJ
- Another one is https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLujX4CIdBGCa-65N3uN8CDbUMrYsHBrz-
Focus on performance
Now it’s time to write some optimized code. Find the ways you can optimize more your code. Spend time on it, learn some ways from online. There are many free tutorials on it. I’ll like to mention one YouTube series https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLTgRMOcmRb3OkICOZqbPvFdEccoCbAMXG
Learn some frameworks
If you are frontend developer then best choice will be React, Vue and Angular(any of them).
If you are a backend developer then learn about Node JS, then a framework on Node. Express JS is a good choice, you can learn Nest JS also.
If you are a mobile developer then learn React Native or Ionic.
If you are interested in AI or machine learning then learn Tensorflow JS.
If you are interested in robotics then learn cylonjs or johnny-five
Choose your interest and spend time on it. But if you spend a good time and understand the old steps, then this will be very easy for you. Getting familiar with the framework will take the highest one month! If your core is strong then the framework will be so easy for you.
If you are in this step, then you’re a full edge developer now. Now your time to practice more and spend time on your learning more stuff. There are many ways to keep updated with the community. Give some time on twitter or your social media. Just follow the JS related pages to get the updates. Twitter is a good way to know more details. You can also follow medium blogs and dev.to both are amazing for keeping up.
I tried to make this post small, but somehow adding all these things made it bigger than I thought. Sorry about this. Just let me know if you need any advice or anything.